Great all day tour for all ages!
The tour includes:
- Free pick ups from Ahipara (8.30 am), Kaitaia (8.45 am), Awanui (9.00 am), at *local accommodation or our meeting points for out of town visitors. *Air BnB customers please enquire.
- Free use of sand boards
- BBQ lunch at the beach/Lunch included in fare (Lunch requirements, i.e, food allergies, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, ect need to be stated at booking time.)
- Informative driver commentary in English
- Travel along of 90 Mile Beach to see the rugged views of the West Coast.
- Have fun sand boarding at the Giant Sand Dunes of Te Paki and drive up the infamous quicksand stream.
- Lunch at the picturesque Tapotupotu Bay set between the hills of Cape Reinga
*Lunch venue may alter (winter & rainy days)
- Visit Cape Reinga for unforgettable sights!
-Te Rerenga Wairua (Cape Reinga), sacred site for the Maori people and amazing panoramic views of the clashing Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean, and more.
- -Iconic WWII Lighthouse,one of the most visited and photographed lighthouses in New Zealand.
-Most wanted photo at the international sign post.
or Freephone (0800) 86 90 90 for further details and reservations.
Out of town visitors travelling via State Highway 10:
Kauri Unearthed/ Free parking
No. 229, State Highway 1, Awanui
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VENUE IS UNAVAILABLE FOR PARKING/PICK UP UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO RENOVATIONS
Out of town visitors travelling to Kaitaia via State Highway 1:
Te Ahu Centre back car park/ Free parking
No. 1 Matthews Avenue Corner of South Road, Kaitaia
Travelling times from nearby major departure points:
AUCKLAND: 4 hours 30 minutes
WHANGAREI: 2 hours
PAIHIA:(Bay of Islands): 1 hour 35 minutes
KERIKERI: 1 hour 20 minutes
MANGONUI(Doubtless Bay): 30 minutes
AHIPARA: 15 minutes
KAIKOHE: 1 hour 15 minutes
OPONONI/OMAPERE: 1 hour 45 minutes (via car ferry) first ferry leaves at 7.30am
RUSSELL: Catch first car ferry at 6.50am travel time 1 hour 35 minutes