Great all day tour for all ages!
The tour includes:
- Free pick ups from Ahipara (8.30 am), Kaitaia (8.45 am), Awanui (9.00 am), at *local accommodation or our meeting points for out of town visitors. *Air BnB customers please enquire.
- Free use of sand boards
- BBQ lunch at the beach/Lunch included in fare (Lunch requirements, i.e, food allergies, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, ect need to be stated at booking time.)
- Informative driver commentary in English
- Travel along of 90 Mile Beach to see the rugged views of the West Coast.
- Have fun sand boarding at the Giant Sand Dunes of Te Paki and drive up the infamous quicksand stream.
- Lunch at the picturesque Tapotupotu Bay set between the hills of Cape Reinga
*Lunch venue may alter (winter & rainy days)
- Visit Cape Reinga for unforgettable sights!
-Te Rerenga Wairua (Cape Reinga), sacred site for the Maori people and amazing panoramic views of the clashing Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean, and more.
- -Iconic WWII Lighthouse,one of the most visited and photographed lighthouses in New Zealand.
-Most wanted photo at the international sign post.
- Stop at Kauri Unearthed in Awanui, arts and crafts, coffee shop.
or Freephone (0800) 86 90 90 for further details and reservations.
Out of town visitors travelling via State Highway 10:
Kauri Unearthed/ Free parking
No. 229, State Highway 1, Awanui
Out of town visitors travelling to Kaitaia via State Highway 1:
Te Ahu Centre back car park/ Free parking
No. 1 Matthews Avenue Corner of South Road, Kaitaia
Travelling times from nearby major departure points:
AUCKLAND: 4 hours 30 minutes
WHANGAREI: 2 hours
PAIHIA:(Bay of Islands): 1 hour 35 minutes
KERIKERI: 1 hour 20 minutes
MANGONUI(Doubtless Bay): 30 minutes
AHIPARA: 15 minutes
KAIKOHE: 1 hour 15 minutes
OPONONI/OMAPERE: 1 hour 45 minutes (via car ferry) first ferry leaves at 7.30am
RUSSELL: Catch first car ferry at 6.50am travel time 1 hour 35 minutes